Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about lodging. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.
What should I pack?
- Food: Place in Ziploc bags separated into mealtime amounts with your dog’s name and what time your dog normally eats.
- Medication: Place in one Ziploc bag with instructions on dosage and what time to administer.
- Comfort Item: A dirty t-shirt or pillowcase that you have worn or used or favorite toy to provide your dog comfort.
- Bedding: Any bedding your dog prefers.
How soon should I book?
Advance reservations are required and we are typically booked one to two weeks in advance. Existing clients are always given preference.
Does my dog need to be spayed or neutered?
Yes. The only exceptions are if your puppy is between the ages of 4–9 months-old.
What are your vaccination requirements?
For each pet's health and safety, we require all dogs to be current on the following vaccinations and have the records on file with Walks and Wags prior to arrival:
- Bordatella Intranasal (Canine cough)
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Para influenza, Parvo Virus)
- Rabies (Puppies after 6 months)
- Leptospirosis (A disease more common in areas with warm climates and high annual rainfall. Dogs are more commonly affected.)
- For first-time visitors, we also require a negative fecal test taken within the last 30 days. Your DVM may not regularly require this, but it is a Walks and Wags requirement.
- *Canine Influenza Bivalent Vaccine (highly recommended for the Dog Flu)
*This vaccine is not a requirement, but we highly recommend it since we believe each dog deserves this level of protection.