Here We Come!
Pet Taxi is available
If your dog loves to play with others, no medical problems and has energy to spare, they are ideal for doggie daycare.
Required Before First Day
A current copy of your dogs shot records and the result of your dog’s current fecal test from your veterinarian must be emailed to our admissions office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with our on-line application completed and submitted.
ALL Dogs Must Be Spayed Or Neutered if over the age of 7 Months
Please read over our requirements below.
Then click on the pink button above to start filling our your dogs enrollment application. After submitting your application it is emailed directly to our admissions department. All admissions will be dependent on the applicant meeting Walks And Wags, Inc. admission standards.Please allow 24 – 48 hours for processing.
Office hours Monday-Friday (9:00am – 2:00pm).
Please email a copy of your dog’s record of vaccinations and fecal test from your veterinarian to email@example.com.
All dogs must have a current record of vaccinations on file with Walks and Wags.
- Bordatella Intranasal (kennel cough)
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Para influenza, Parvo Virus)
- Rabies at 6 months
- Leptospirosis (A disease more common in areas with warm climates and high annual rainfall. Dogs are more commonly affected.)
- Flu shot (recommended)
We do offer early puppy socialization classes for those pups (8 weeks and older), not old enough to attend 16 week and older daycare. Puppies are kept in groups according to which vaccinations they have received.Big daycare is for pups 16 weeks and older.
Birth Control Requirement
All dogs must be spayed or neutered if they over 6 months of age with some exceptions Exceptions are: if your dogs hormones have not kick in yet. Your pup will be allowed to come until that time.
All dogs must be in good health and have not been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require a veterinarian’s certification of health to be admitted or re-admitted to Play Care. On admission or readmission, all dogs must be free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests.
Negative Fecal Test
This is a requirement of Walks and Wags, not your vets. If your dog’s shot records are current, you do not need to bring your dog to a vet to obtain. Just simply bring a fresh sample of your dogs poop to your vet and ask them to perform a fecal test on the sample. Please ask for the results to be printed on your receipt or they may call our office with the results: 251.643.1615.
The admissions process at Walks and Wags has nothing but your dogs absolute safety in mind.
We pride ourselves on our professional service and our highly trained staff. We are a high quality provider and the answer to many a dog’s owners prayer. After our admissions department has reviewed all your pups necessary paperwork, our Doggie Admissions Co-Ordinator will contact you to schedule New Dog Evaluation day. This day is usually on a Monday and we call this day NEW DOG MONDAY. On Mondays we have a smaller group of dogs so that we can spend the day getting to know your dog and your dog getting to know us. We know that dogs look at everything as familiar or unfamiliar. Your dog spends the day with us, moves at their pace and let us know when they are ready to play or not. Your dog is not forced into an environment that they are not comfortable with. If at any time we feel your dog is over stressed or too fearful, we will call and ask to have your dog picked up early and possibly suggest some training or a behaviorist to work with your dog. All dogs must be non-aggressive towards other dogs and humans. Private training arrangements are available if you need help improving your dog’s behavior.There is a $45. charge for New Dog Evaluation Day. We do require payment in advance and no refund for cancellations.We look forward to playing with your pup and welcoming you to our Walks and Wags family.
All tuition is billed on a monthly basis unless you make other arrangements with the Office Manager.
Your dog may come once a week (minimum Doggie Day Care commitment), or as many as five days, if openings are available.
Cancellations for boarding or daycare with less than 24-hour advanced notice will be charged the full fees.
New Dog Evaluation fees are paid in advance and there are no refunds for cancellations.
All new dogs must attend our New Dog Evaluation Day prior to any reservations for boarding or daycare. It is a smaller, less intimidating pack, allowing us to spend more one-on-one time with your dog. It allows your dog to get familiar with us and for us to get familiar with your dog.
Learn More About Puppy Academy
Dogs Love to Socialize
Most dogs are just as social as we are, and need exercise and socialization for their health and happiness. Many Canines suffer from a lack of exercise, stimulation and social time with other canines. At Walks and Wags Inc., we are your personal assistant to incorporate these things into your dogs life, working together with you, to ensure your pup lives a fantastic life. Come once a week, several days a week, or even the whole week! We are not only a full-service day care,we are also a boarding, grooming, pet taxi and a training facility! Professionally taking care of all of your pets needs while you’re away or busy at work. Your Dogs are managed and supervised by our highly trained staff at all times. Your dog will enjoy hours of outside time in one of our 5 yards throughout the day, they are always separated by size and temperament. When the weather is not suitable or safe, we move inside for play time and class time. We are professionals who love nothing more than taking care of your 4-legged friends. Our goal is making this as easy as possible to enroll your dog, while keeping their health and safety our #1 concern. Sign your dog up today to give them the social life they deserve. Your dog is begging you!
Typical Doggie Daycare Class Schedule
7:30 am – 9:30 am | Drop Off
Good morning and welcome pack members! The dogs are brought to our pea gravel area to go potty and run around for a few minutes. Their personal belongings from home are picked up and placed in their personal cubby. After this they are brought to the yard which best suits their size, personality, and temperament.
9:30 am – 12pm
Playtime with their furry pals. Romping, sniffing, ball play, pool play, or just lounging in the sun. All under the supervision of our Human Pack Leaders and in a yard which best suites their size and personality.
Noon – 2 pm | Nap Time
Time to eat, drink, and take a nice long nap. They come into a climate-controlled room with thick rubber flooring, relaxing music, and snuggle up for nap time. They receive a healthy snack with a bowl of fresh, cool water. Then it’s lights out.
Time to let the dogs out! They all go back out to their assigned yards to play.
3:30 – 6:00 pm| Pick Up Time:
Each dog is bathed in a natural oatmeal shampoo, nails done, and a cute bow 30 minutes prior to going home.
Nails are done on a one-on-one basis. There will be a charge for extra-long nails.
The Benefits of Doggie Daycare
- Perfect outlet for boundless energy
- Exercise and maintain healthy body weight
- Reduces anxiety and destructive behavior at home
- Helps to reinforce obedience training
- Can help reduce some cases of separation anxiety
- Social time your dog will covet
- Great for socialization, dogs are pack animals and rarely get to be around a pack
- An alternative to a kennel while work is being done on your home
- It’s fun and stimulating for your dog to get to play in this type of environment
- A good solution for busy owners
- You can schedule our pet taxi service for pick ups and delivery
- You have medical needs and are physically unable to walk your dog
- You are busy with work and life but your dog still gets excercise and socilization with his doggy friends
- You don’t have to rush home from work to let you dog out to pee
- When you get home your clean dog will be ready to curl up with you and relax
- Expert supervised play time. Often owners themselves are not comfortable monitoring play between dogs
- Can schedule other services while attending daycare such as, grooming or private training
New Dog Evaluation DayNew Dogs Only
- On your Dog’s first day it is so important that we make your Dog our number one priority! We do not want to appear rude, but this is the most important time for us with your Dog. We ask for your understanding in allowing us to receive your Dog and go about showing your Dog . This is not a time for us to answer questions or do a tour. Your Dog’s well-being is our #1 priority.
- Between 12–2pm our head trainer will personally call and give you a brief update.
- Your Dog interacts with our 12 rock stars dogs These dogs are super friendly, great playmates, true social masters.
- A human trainer is assigned to each new dog guest.
- Our entire staff thoroughly reviews your dog’s application prior to their arrival. This helps us know whats familiar and unfamiliar to you Dog and keep him or her comfortable.
- Your dog sets the pace for the day. Our staff is certified in Dog Language and Group play and is constantly reading your dogs comfort level and making adjustments to ease any stress your dog may be feeling.
- Your dog will enjoy nap time from 12–2pm, they are in a climate controlled area with soft music, and lavender diffusing. We ask that you bring a dirty shirt or pillowcase from home with your scent. It is at nap time we will give this to your pup.
- Your dog will be bathed before being picked up and receive a cute bow.
- When you come to pick up your dog we ask that you pull to the left as far as possible and the bottom of the driveway so our head trainer can take their time with you and answer any and all questions you may have. At this time we are all about you! When your conversation and all questions have been answered then we will bring your sweet Dog out and assist you getting them safely to your car.
Two or More Days a Week
- Every dog is as important as the next and that we’ve trained our staff to monitor, assess, feed, medicate, play, bathe and care for all dogs the same and our cost of staff education, training and compensation is the same for all dogs.Pets are living, breathing, loving creatures that require lots of love, attention and care on an individualized basis, which has an added cost to it. Thank you for your understanding, our priority is that your dog is Safe, Happy, Healthy and Social !
One Day a Week
- You have the ability to work long hours without worrying about your dog’s needs
- Helps to reinforce obedience training
- Includes bath, nails (when applicable) and bow
Doggie Daycare Customer Testimonials
Dutch and Dylan have been regulars at Walks and Wags for over 10 years. I have a busy work and travel schedule and knowing my boys are at their second home gives me tremendous peace of mind. They are weekly regulars at doggie daycare. When Thursday rolls around, they know they’re going to play. They follow me around the house and even lie down by the shower door waiting for me to get ready. You should see the way they dance when I ask them, “Are you ready to go to Walks and Wags?” I’m never fast enough opening the car door to let them get to the entrance. When I’m out of town for extended periods, I know they are getting plenty of exercise and healthy interaction with other dogs. I don’t know who appreciates Walks and Wags more….my dogs or me. –Andy Newton
Buster was a rescue shelter dog. Despite being energetic and adorable, he lacked a lot of disciple and was occasionally aggressive with other dogs. Since attending Walks and Wags, we have witnessed Buster transform into a calmer, gentler, and more obedient dog. The staff of Walks and Wags is kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. Buster adores spending time with both his human and dog friends at Walks and Wags and comes back from doggie day care a tired and happy pup. We highly recommend Walks and Wags to anyone who loves their dog!
Both my dogs were going to walks and wags for almost 4 years. They both love it! Now I am down to one dog and Walks and Wag is the best part of his week. It lets him socialize with other dogs and people too. I can’t say enough good things about Cindie and her crew.
Weekday Hours for Daycare
Monday – Friday
Drop-off: 7:30 – 9:30 am
Pick-up: 2:30 – 6 pm
Closed daily: 12 – 2 pm
Saturday: 8am – 12pm
Sunday: 2pm – 6pm